Squash has some amazing health benefits as they are rich in carotenes, which are good for the eyes and cucurbitanes which stabilize blood sugar and can protect against cancer. The fiber within them is especially helpful for any and ALL digestive problems.
Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash with Olive Oil, Garlic and Parsley
Here is a great recipe to put some delicious butternut squash at your dinner table.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- Pepper, to taste
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400F.
- Step 2 Peel the squash and cut it into 1 inch cubes. It’s important the cubes are fairly small, so they will cook thoroughly in the process.
- Step 3 Mince or finely chop the garlic clove.
- Step 4 Place the oil, parsley, garlic and pepper in a large bowl and mix well. You can add other seasonings too and feel free to add your own flavoring ideas.
- Step 5 Add the squash to the bowl and stir until all the pieces are fully coated.
- Step 6 Transfer the squash to a shallow oven-safe pan. Place in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Step 7 Makes about 5 servings, depending on the size of your squash.