Most Americans are chronically dehydrated and need to drink a lot more water. But if you are like a lot of people that think water is boring and want something with flavor and variety, then infused water may be just the solution for you.
You can use fruit, spices, herbs, vegetables and even edible flowers! Just make sure they are organic!
Some combinations you could try would be:
- Orange Pineapple – slice the oranges and add pineapple chunks
- Lime and Ginger – slices of lime and fresh ginger
- Raspberry Rose – a handful of each (make sure they are both organic)
- Apple Cinnamon – sliced apple and a few cinnamon sticks
- Lavender and Lemon – slice the lemon and add a few teaspoons of lavender tied in some cheesecloth
- Orange Chai Spice – sliced oranges and a little cardamom, cinnamon, clove, and allspice.
While there’s lots of combinations you can do, mint and blueberry go together very well. The instructions are very simple.
Infused Water with Mint and Blueberries
- Quart sized glass jar with a lid
- Handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Filtered water
- Step 1 Be sure to use organic ingredients.
- Step 2 Place the blueberries and mint inside the jar and cover with filtered water.
- Step 3 Put jar in the fridge and let sit for a couple of hours and that’s it!
- Step 4 The flavor will get stronger if you let it sit longer.
- Step 5 You can refill it with water a few times and reinfuse but the flavor won’t be as strong.