This healthy version of fried green tomatoes is a great way to use up the end-of-the-season tomatoes that didn’t have time to ripen -Or- start-of-the-season tomatoes if you’re anxious and just can’t wait for those first ones to ripen.
Low Carb, no Gluten Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup avocado, coconut or other high heat oil
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream or Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour (just take dried raw almonds and blend in coffee grinder or magic bullet until like flour)
- 3 medium Green Tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Step 1 Sprinkle sliced tomatoes with salt and let sit for about 5 minutes while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Step 2 Whisk together egg and cream in a small bowl.
- Step 3 In another bowl, mix together the almond flour, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Step 4 Heat oil over medium high heat in large skillet.
- Step 5 Dip each slice of tomato into the egg, then into the flour mixture. Coat evenly then place in the hot oil to brown for about 4 minutes each side.
- Step 6 Drain on paper towels.